Terms & Conditions
- Your apartment is booked upon receipt of the booking deposit.
- This prepayment should be made by one of the following options:
OPTION 1: online directly using our website.
OPTION 2: by credit card filling the form we will enclose and sending it back to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
OPTION 3: by phone: + 34 93 458 63 40.
OPTION 4: by bank transfer at:
Name: Barcelonaforrent apartments, S.L.
Bank: La Caixa
Address: c/Bruc, 103-113 08009 Barcelona (España)
Account number: 2100 0540 3902 0029 6478
SWIFT CODE: CAIXESBBXXX
IBAN: ES31 2100 0540 3902 0029 6478
*Please note that if you make a reservation payment by bank transfer you have to send us the receipt at email@example.com or at our fax number: +34 932074212. Don’t forget to indicate your reservation dates, the name of the apartment and a contact phone or email address.
IMPORTANT: BANK TRANSFER RECEIPT MUST BE SENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE APARTMENT OR THE RESERVATION PAYMENT WILL HAVE TO BE MADE BY CREDIT CARD.
- Your booking is not confirmed until BarcelonaForRent Apartments receives the pre-payment, and you have received the confirmation email from BarcelonaForRent Apartments.
- This confirmation email contains all your booking details such as the address of the apartment, contact details, balance due on arrival, and other arrival and departure instructions.
- On arrival, you must pay the rental balance and the refundable damage deposit. The payment method is described in more detail in your reservation confirmation email.
- You must pay the balance due upon arrival.
- In all the apartments the balance due may be paid in cash.
- For almost all apartments, payment can be made by credit card. For more information, please read the apartment description or consult with BarcelonaForRent Apartments.
- Under certain circumstances, payment can also be made via bank transfer provided that:
- the corresponding total amount is received in our bank account 1 week prior to arrival (bank charges are paid by the guest)
- we have confirmed reception of such amount in writing
- All cancellations or changes must be made via email or fax. Cancellations or changes by phone are not accepted.
- Under no circumstances will the pre-paid booking deposit be refunded in the event of cancellation.
- In case of a cancellation under 7 days (168 hours) before arrival date, BarcelonaForRent Apartments will keep the full payment minus the cleaning fee only when having previously received the client's credit card details.
- In the event of cancellation of a fully paid booking (100% of stay), there is an added cancellation charge corresponding to the number of days it was made prior to the day of arrival:
- More than 90 days before: 25% of the total amount.
- 30-89 days before: 50% of the total amount.
- Less than 30 days before: 100% of the total amount.
- It is strongly recommended that clients purchase holiday cancellation insurance. Any cancellation, including force majeure, will be subject to the aforementioned cancellation policy.
- If BarcelonaForRent Apartments is not able to provide the client with the property that s/he booked, the client will be informed and will be offered a new property with similar features. If both parties are not able to reach an agreement, the client will be refunded the amount paid.
- In the event of a cancellation from the company, the same cancellation policy will apply to the client.
Upon arrival guests will be asked to provide a damage deposit as well as a valid credit card number as guarantee for the apartment and its content for any damages caused.
Please note that by accepting our Terms and Conditions you agree that any damages caused by you or your accompanying party will be deducted from your damage deposit, and that you will also be liable for any excess damages.
Depending on the apartment, a damage deposit ranging from 200-500 euro will be requested upon arrival. This damage deposit should be paid by credit card.
All deposits paid with a credit card will be refunded to that same card used for the payment made, between 5 to 8 days following departure into the apartment, and after inspection for damages.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Preparation for arrival
- Please ensure that you provide us with your correct arrival time so that we can plan your check-in and keep your contact person informed of any changes or delays.
- Your contact person will have your number and email in the event that we need to contact you with regards to your arrival time. You can send this information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (+34) 93 458 63 40.
- Your confirmation email clearly states where you can find your contact person on the day of your arrival.
- You should call your contact person when you arrive at the airport (or 30 minutes prior to arriving at your destination by car/train) and they will inform you if you have to go to:
- Our office, where our check-in department will receive you and give you further check-in instructions, keys, and the address of your apartment.
- The apartment, where our check-in agent will receive you and give you the keys, as well as further apartment information.
- The apartment will be available as of 15:00h (3PM), however we will always try to accommodate clients arriving early if we possibly can. It is extremely important that we have your correct arrival time. If we do not have this information you will be forced to wait for your contact person and your check-in will be delayed.
- Please remember that check-in is between 15.00h (3PM) and 02.30h (2.30AM). If you are arriving after 21.00h (9.00PM), there is a late check-in fee of 30€. If you are arriving after 01.00h (1.00AM) there is a late check-in of 50€.
Your departure from the apartment
- You should leave the apartment before or at 11.00h (11.00AM). Leaving after 11h00 (11.00AM) without prior authorization will be penalized.
- If you need to leave the apartment at a later time, please ask if this is possible at check-in. We will try to meet your request if we do not have an early arrival the same day. If it is possible, you may stay in the apartment until 18h00 (6.00PM) but this will be subject to an additional charge of 50% of the apartment rental price per night. Leaving any time after 18:00 will entail an additional charge corresponding to the full rental price per night of the apartment.
- On the day of your departure you should leave the apartment clean and tidy with all waste correctly disposed of. Please leave the keys on the table and close the door behind you after making sure that you have all your personal belongings with you and after ensuring that the main door to the building is not locked with a key.
- We can book a taxi prior to your departure if you request one in advance.
- The apartment will have been cleaned prior to guests’ arrival.
- Before leaving, the client is obliged to leave the apartment in perfect conditions, i.e. all waste should be correctly disposed of and the apartment tidied. If not, there will be an additional cleaning charge.
NUMBER AND IDENTITY OF GUESTS
- The client should inform BarcelonaForRent Apartments of the number of guests in the booking.
- Only those persons indicated in the booking made by the client may enter the apartment, unless an alternative agreement has been reached with BarcelonaForRent Apartments.
- The number of clients using the apartment should not exceed the number assigned to each apartment, except in the case of children under the age of two.
- Pets are not allowed unless permission has been specifically granted.
- Should the client fail to comply with any of the aforementioned Terms and Conditions, BarcelonaForRent Apartments reserves the right to ask the client to leave the apartment, and the client in question can not request any form of compensation.
BEHAVIOUR IN APARTMENTS
- Loud music and parties are strictly prohibited. Guests in a BarcelonaForRent Apartments apartment should be aware that if loud music is played, or a party is held, and the neighbours complain and/or police are called, you may be immediately removed from the apartment regardless of the time, day or night.
- Noise regulations and respect for other residents between 22h00 (10.00PM) and 10h00 (10.00AM):
We would appreciate your full cooperation in this matter and we hope you understand that these rules are necessary, as our apartments are located in residential buildings with people that have to get up early and go to work. The quiet time in the evening for the neighbours should therefore be respected.
- The client, upon signing the contract when checking in agrees to behave responsibly and correctly on behalf of their accompanying party as well as themselves. If this person or any of the accompanying party behaves in an unsuitable and incorrect manner, BarcelonaForRent Apartments reserves the right to ask the person and their accompanying party to leave the apartment. Furthermore, from that moment on they will have no right to future claims or any form of compensation. Finally, the client will lose all payments made including the apartment rental and the deposit.
- We may remind you that on booking an apartment with BarcelonaForRent Apartments you automatically accept our Terms and Conditions, which we expect you to comply with. You will also have to sign these Terms and Conditions at check-in on the day of your arrival.
- Neither BarcelonaForRent Apartments nor the owner will be held responsible for any direct or indirect damages caused to the apartment as consequence of use by the client. This includes damages, insurance, and loss due to fire, theft, and misconduct.
- In the event that the client fails to comply with the aforementioned Terms and Conditions, BarcelonaForRent Apartments reserves the right to ask the client to leave the apartment, and the client in question can not request any form of compensation.
BARCELONA CITY TAX
An overnight accommodation tax has been applied by the Catalan Government as of 1st of November 2012.
The fee of 0,72€ per person per night for a maximum of 7 nights is not included in the rental price of the apartment and your check-in agent will ask for this to be paid. Anyone under the age of 17 is exempt. For further information please refer to the following official Catalan Government website.